New Orleans very first Cannabis Festival will take place in Washington Square Park in the Marigny neighborhood from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. today!
The festival is produced by the Louisiana Cannabis Coalition. The event is free, but $20 VIP bronze badges that entitle holders to gift bags and access to the VIP alcohol line will be sold.
The Cannabis festival includes sales booths featuring apparel, jewelry, and other items. The festival will also offer informational booths presented by nonprofit, pro-cannabis organizations. A series of brief speeches by marijuana legalization proponents will be punctuated by musical performances.
Check out the full lineup below!
- 10 a.m. – Reggae with Rudy Mills
- 11 a.m. – Introductory blessings with Eliase Yenegata and David Capasso
- 11:10 a.m. – Speech by Rebecca Wright of the Louisiana Cannabis Coalition
- 11:15 a.m. – Speech by Kevin Caldwell of SensibleNOLA
- 11:20 a.m. – Cannabis Jazz Funeral second-line parade
- 12:10 p.m. – Speech by David Singletary of the Mississippi Cannabis Coalition
- 12:15 p.m. – Speech by Bernard Noble of Families Against Mandatory Minimums
- 12:20 p.m. – Music by DJ DR. Greenthumb
- 1:10 p.m. – Speech by JoJo Marshall from JoJo’s Juices
- 1:15 p.m. – Speaker to be announced
- 1:20 p.m. – Music by Kash Caballero
- 2:10 p.m. – Speech by Denise McDowell
- 2:10 p.m. – Speech by Annette O’Connor
- 2:20 p.m. – Music by Chris Rico
- 3:10 p.m. – Speech by Danielle DeRuiter-Williams of The Justice Collective
- 3:20 p.m. – Native American Drum Circle
- 4:10 p.m. – Speech by Heather Hutton of Big Chief Vapors
- 4:15 p.m. – Speech by Patrick Quinones of the LCC
- 4:20 p.m. – Music by Young Nova
- 5:10 p.m. – Speech by David Dominick a medical patient from Alabama
- 5:15 p.m. – Speech by Gary Wainwright, criminal defense attorney
- 5:20 p.m. – Music by Ricky B.
Pingback: Medical Marijuana Could Hit Pharmacy Shelves in Louisiana Within The Next Week
Pingback: Best 23 New Orleans Weed Festival - The Maris