While the city still awaits Mayor Cantrell’s decision on the fate of New Orleans restaurants, one of Uptown’s hot spots is getting ready to re-open this week with a new takeout menu.
Beginning Thursday, May 14, Gris-Gris will be open with a new takeout menu. Guests can choose from some of Gris-Gris favorite dishes, like chicken & dumplings, shrimp & grits, or the LGD burger. Gris-Gris has made 8 amazing dishes and daily wine specials available starting this Thursday.
- Gumbo (bowl + gallon available to pre-order w/ 24 hours advance notice).
- Red Beans & Rice on Mondays (bowl + gallon available to pre-order w/ 24 hours advance notice).
- Caesar Salad
- Shrimp & Grits
- Chicken & Dumplings
- Oyster Poboy
- Roast Beef Poboy
- LGD Burger
- Bread Pudding (slice + full pan available to pre-order w/ 24 hours advance notice).
- Daily “wine by the bottle” special!
And if that wasn’t enough to get you excited, Gris-Gris has just added frozen cocktails and daiquiris to their menu! See their delicious new selections below!
- Fresh Peach Frosé (1/2 gallon or 1-gal): White peach sorbet, French Ambush Rosé, vodka, St. Germain elderflower liqueur.
- Quarantine Collins Daquiri (16-oz): Classic Shreveport vodka freeze finished with a fresh blood orange sorbet.
- 504 Manhattan Daquiri (16-oz): French Pinot Noir reduction, 7/3 Distilling New Orleans rum, molasses, Angostura bitters, Bordeaux black cherry syrup.
- Limoncello Lola Daquiri (16-oz): Ethan’s refreshing housemade limoncello, vodka, fresh kiwi, and strawberry syrup.
- Kongo Priestess (50-oz): Vodka, homemade jasmine and mint-infused syrup, fresh lemon.
- Mojo Tea (50-oz): Black tea-infused bourbon, Big O Ginger Liqueur, Louisiana Cane Sugar, Lemon Juice, Orange bitters.
- White Sangria (50-oz): Chablis white wine blend with apricot brandy, ginger, fresh fruit.
- …AND MORE!
As more and more restaurants start re-open, Gris-Gris is a must stop that needs to be on your takeout radar. The two-story restaurant opened up in August 2018 by Chef Eric Cook and has evolved to fit the nature of NOLA restaurants along the way. Their take on refined, southern cuisine and local favorites are refreshing.
View this post on Instagram
WE’RE COMING BACK BABY!🤘🏻 Starting Thursday, May 14, we’ll be open for takeout every Thursday – Sunday from 12 pm – 8 pm! Call us at (504) 272-0241 OR place an order on our website (we’ll be up on our website by the 14th!). ⠀ Here’s what’s on the starting menu: Gumbo (bowl + gallon available to pre-order\ w/ 24 hours advance notice). Red Beans & Rice on Mondays (bowl + gallon available to pre-order w/ 24 hours advance notice). Caesar Salad. Shrimp & Grits. Chicken & Dumplings. Oyster Poboy. Roast Beef Poboy. LGD Burger. Bread Pudding (slice + full pan available to pre-order w/ 24 hours advance notice). ⠀ We’ve got some EXCITING things in the works, but we’re taking our time to make sure we do this right, and of course, safely. We appreciate the support during this crazy time and are PUMPED TO BE BACK! WHO’S HUNGRY? ⠀ #WhereNOLAEats #EATERNOLA #EatingNOLA #NOLA #Nolatakeout #COVIDNOLA #NewOrleans #KreweofRedBeans #RiverBeatsNola #TheNola15 #EatenPathNola #PTE #NomNola #EATUPYALL