What to do after the Mardi Gras celebrations are over? Agave Week and Top Taco Festival! The 2nd Annual Agave Week features events around the city starting on Sunday, March 10 and continuing until Thursday, March 14.
On Thursday the grand tasting event, Top Taco Festival, features 40 acclaimed restaurants, chefs, and mixologists competing for the title of best taco and best margarita.
Top Taco Festival will be held at Woldenberg Park from 7-10 pm. Enjoy live entertainment from Armando Leduc & Salsa Royal, Muevelo, Afro-Cuban jazz and groove band Otra, and Siempre Selena. There will also be a silent auction on site and live Lucha Libre wrestling! General Admission, First Tasting (early entry), and VIP tickets are available here.
Proceeds from Top Taco Festival will be donated to FosterNOLA, a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping children in the city’s foster care system as they transition into adulthood.
Can’t make it to the festivities Thursday? Agave Week has a whole schedule of tequila & mescal themed events beginning on Sunday, March 10. There are tastings, seminars, education, and even a burlesque show!
Here’s a short list of some of the offerings. For the entire Agave Week event list and individual event tickets, check out the Agave Week website.
Sunday, March 10
- Top Tequila Competiton at the Ace Hotel, 12 – 4 PM
- Don Julio Scavenger Hunt at Barcadia, 2 – 5 PM
- Mezcalicious: A Delicious Taste of Mezcal featuring Trixie Minx & Her Burlesque Beauties at Ace Hotel, 8 – 10 PM
Monday, March 11
- A Night in Paradiso: El Tesoro Explores the Five Senses at Ace Hotel, 8 – 10 PM
Tuesday, March 12
- Top Tequila & Mescal Competition Finals at Ace Hotel, 5 – 7 PM
- Margaritas & Mariachi at Ace Hotel, 8 – 10 PM
Wednesday, March 13
- Agave Dinners TBA , 6 – 8 PM
- Lucha Libre TBA, 8 – 10:30 PM
Featured image courtesy of NOLA Diaz Photography.