Even with no official jazz fest this year NOLA Brewing Co. is pushing forward with its post-fest shows. Featuring local artists on a variety of dates, their latest announcement is a funk tribute to Jimi Hendrix coming in early October.
On Thursday, October 7th, NOLA Brewing Company presents Hendrix Heads & Tails – A Funk Tribute to Jimi Hendrix. An all-star lineup, this performance features a supergroup of sorts, including Terence Higgins of Swampgrease, Ivan Neville of Dumpstaphunk, Luther Dickenson of North Mississippi Allstars, Ed Williams of The Revivalists, Tony Hall of Dumpstaphunk, and Jonathan Long. The show takes place in the NOLA Brewing warehouse at 3001 Tchoupitoulas St.
Support will be provided by Talking Grass, a bluegrass tribute to Talking Heads, and an outdoor shrimp and crab boil will take place throughout the brewery warehouse show. NOLA Pizza Co. will also serve New York-style pizza slices.
In addition, the free music lineup for the remainder of September at NOLA Brewing is as follows:
- Thu Sep 16: Name That Tune Trivia presented by Electric Y’at Quartet (6-8pm; Barrel Room)
- Fri Sep 17: Eric Johanson (5-8pm; Barrel Room)
- Sat Sep 18: John Paul Carmody (5-8pm; Barrel Room)
- Sun Sep 19: Brewgrass Sunday: The Tanglers (3-6pm; Barrel Room)
- Thu Sep 23: Name That Tune Trivia presented by Electric Y’at Quartet (6-8pm; Barrel Room)
- Sat Sep 25: Russell Batiste & Friends (5-8pm; Warehouse)
If you’ve been missing some good New Orleans music and food, check out NOLA Brewing Co. this month and support local music.
Tickets are on sale for Hendrix Heads & Tails now.
Follow River Beats New Orleans to stay up to date on your favorite EVENTS IN NEW ORLEANS.
featured images via NOLA Brewing Co.